13.2.08

framerate.

if you havent voted for me on ideablob please do, the link is to the right of this post,

i had a rough whiskey nite, last nite, wondering if my objectification of war as social comment and autobiography is the worst form of lying possible. (ivan, bunnie and barry had to clean up after me, and ivan had to walk me home, well not walk me basically carry me... but i made it.)
the montenegrans who have seen "real" war, have seen the blood in the streets i think i can paint, have been so helpful, too deep even with the language barrier.

i cannot understand how they can respect my work, which they do, because i cant handle they fact that i might be onto something. moreso, that it feels like lies, but relja told me that it is the same war, whether ive been there or not, the things, the selfimposed struggles i have been through are the same as there, and because they only speak from their heart i must take it into mine.
i dont like it at all. but they dont know lies like i do, and maybe there is truth in my work that i refuse to see.

i leave for barcelone and madrid on friday morning, to disrupt ARCO 08 with an action piece, and flyer the hell out of every single dicksucker there. but aside from the shameful selfpromotion that i am so good at, GOYA!!! RIBERA!!! VELAZQUEZ!!!

so again not to belabor the point, please vote for me at ideablob, and tell everyone about it, and as many rolodexes that need to be opened, please break em open.

i start the actual painting the day we get back from espagne. i have been looking for a map of the nung river, or even a vietnam river map, it can be jpg format, i dont mean a real map, i really just need the line of the river.

No comments: